You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bad answer

So I was listening to Rush while out picking up some lunch (why I torture myself with him, I don’t know) and America’s favorite drug-addled conservative talk show host played a disturbing clip of Rep. John Dingell (D-Michigan) on a local talk show. Dingell refused to chose a side between Israel and Hezbollah. The host pressed Dingell and asked (I am paraphrasing here), “So you are not against Hezbollah?” To which Dingell replied, “No”.

NO – what the fuck to do you mean no. I know there are a ton of Arabs in Michigan but come the fuck on, with no. This is Hezbollah we are talking about, not Greenpeace. I think the House Democrats needs to revoke Dingell’s position in the leadership and for voters in his district to rethink electing him. Good Lord, what a tool.

And for the record, if you are an elected official and are asked if you oppose a terrorist organization, say yes.

UPDATE: I owe Rep. Dingell an apology. I should have known that Rush would chop a quote to make it completely misleading (sound of me smacking myself in the head). Via ThinkProgress here is the full exchange:

Q: You’re not against Hezbollah?
DINGELL: No, I happen to be — I happen to be against violence, I think the United States has to bring resolution to this matter. Now, I condemn Hezbollah as does everybody else, for the violence.


So apologies to Rep. John Dingell for repeating an out of context quote. Mea maxima culpa. I guess I am the tool here. And, of course, fuck you Rush Limbaugh for being such a lying liar. Now I have a reason to never, ever believe anything on that show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do it for the same reason I watch the 700 club and periodically listen to James Dobson on the radio, because you want to know what the enemy is doing.

12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home