You know - for the kids...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Down in the food service trenches

As I have mentioned before, I have held pretty much every job one can have in a restaurant. For that reason, I have a special place in my heart for those folks that work in the field. It is tough work; particularly when customers are nasty or abusive. Very few things in this world are as telling about one’s personality as how you treat the wait staff while out to eat. So in that vein, two items…

To all of you current and former bartenders: you gotta love a steady, generous customer, especially when he gives you a $10000 tip. As far as I am concerned, that guy just bought his way into heaven.

On the other side of the equation, the Waiter over at Waiterrant wrote about a nightmare table a while back. Bad customers are a pain in the ass but bad customers in a heat wave with no AC is like Hieronymus Bosch’s vision of hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home