You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Let’s kill people faster?

I am not a fan of the death penalty. I consider it a necessary evil, to be employed in the rarest of circumstances and after great, even ponderous, deliberation. There are just too many examples where the system, despite numerous safeguards, got it wrong. Witness the case of Earl Washington or the suspension of executions in Illinois. One can always free an innocent man, but one cannot raise the dead.

So I can’t for the life of me figure out why we would want to speed the process up, particularly if we empower an incompetent boob like Alberto Gonzales to make such decisions. That seems to me unwise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is that they'll change the death penalty to burning people at the stake and use the constitution as the kindling.

5:07 PM

 
Blogger joestrummerlives said...

If nothing else, that would be a refreshing bit o' honesty.

12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home