You know - for the kids...

Monday, August 28, 2006

Catfight

Nothing like a bitchy “it was great when I was there but now it is crap” comment to start the day – ladies and gentlemen, I give you Meredith Vieira. In Time’s Q&A with Mrs. Vieira, the erstwhile 60 Minutes contributor held forth on her opinion of her former show, The View:

I'm proud of the work we did there, but it's not a good time in the history of that show. It's hard to watch. It sort of became a joke.

Oh really now. Speaking as a red blooded American man, that crap was always hard to watch and still is. I recently spent the better part of an hour in the doctor’s waiting room watching dim-witted crank Elisabeth Hasselbeck carry on about whatever happened to piss her off that particular morning – just awful. And don’t even get me going on recently departed Star Jones.

To consider the View as anything but a joke (as most daytime talk shows are – paging Mr. Povich, Mr. Maury Povich) is to stare at the insipid and declare it thrilling and sophisticated. And that “I am proud of my work” bit. I hate it when people attempt to save face by praising themselves while kicking former colleagues. If she were ever present during one of Jones’s infamous tawdry rants and did nothing to stop it, she is guilty by association.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madelyn said...

I am so so so unhappy that she is going to be on Today.

The View may be the worst show ever. And I am easily amused.

11:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home