You know - for the kids...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dogs

L. and I have dogs. We love dogs. We are dog people. We, however, do not order matching outfits for our pets. So I read this story with the idea that “oh, this might be cute in a goofy way”. Instead, I was greeted with a kind of weird story of decadence and ostentation. I mean, having a doggy wedding? How utterly pointless is that? My bulldog loves my wife more than anything in this world, yet her (the bulldog's) affection can be bought at the drop of a hat by anyone for the price of a cardboard, horrible tasting “treat”. And yes, I have tried a dog cookie. They are not good. I know from experience. Anyway, I am reading this article and not really loving it until I got to what is perhaps the most unnecessarily pretentious thing I have ever read. In the following passage, AFP gives you this absolute monument of ridiculousness and unfound conceit:

Stewart's boutique has occupied an unassuming storefront in West Hollywood for six years. Where many Los Angeles businesses proudly display photographs of star customers, the pink walls of the LA Dog Spa are filled with headshots of well coiffed canines.

The shop is open to the public, but potential clients must satisfy Stewart's discerning standards to become a regular customer.

"We keep the door locked to keep out the riff-raff," said co-owner and master groomer, Rick Edwards, as he clipped the coat of a terrier named Trixie.

"Our clients don't choose us. We choose them."

Spa clients must maintain a regular schedule of beautification or they will be blacklisted from service.

"It's like a garden," said Stewart. "If it gets too overgrown, I just can't be bothered."

Wow. These guys cut dog hair for a living. Not to diminish their chosen profession, but they need get some perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger starpower said...

Welcome to LA...movie stars, dumbasses. VERY, VERY important dumbasses.

11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home