You know - for the kids...

Monday, April 09, 2007

How safe can this be?

Pres. Bush almost blew himself up in a hydrogen car demonstration, which leads me to believe these things are not safe enough to be on the street.

Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

Yeah, not so much. And seriously, if an honest mistake like plugging in the wrong place can be that dangerous, is there not some more design work that needs to be finished?

3 Comments:

Blogger starpower said...

Now I don't actually think the president should die--it would be a travesty--but backing away from the potential reality and looking at from, say, a novelist's point of view: wouldn't his own stupidity being the cause of his end of days by kind of, well, funny? In a poetic justice sort of way? I'm just saying...

2:21 PM

 
Blogger joestrummerlives said...

Careful Star or the Secret Service may pay you a visit...

4:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So which would be the bigger tragedy: a dead president or the set back to hydrogen cars? Ok, a dead shrub would mean Dick would be in charge so by the narrowest of margins...

6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home