You know - for the kids...

Friday, May 25, 2007

I enjoy pasta because my house is made of bricks.

Scott Adams wrote that as an example of a logical fallacy he called the Total Logical Disconnect. I bring this up in reference to Commander Guys’s press conference yesterday. In the few minutes I heard, he was his usual bumbling ridiculous self but said nothing that struck me as out of the ordinary stupid. Via DailyKos, I read something I must have missed.

Q: Can you explain why you believe you're still a credible messenger on the war?

THE PRESIDENT: I'm credible because I read the intelligence...

Total. Logical. Disconnect.

What one reads has no bearing one’s trustworthiness (obvious to you and me, not so much him). On a side not, I wonder if he thinks reading the Sports page will make him run faster.

This would be funny were it not for the fact that this is the President of the United States or that he supposedly read the intelligence before 9-11. It didn’t seem to help him much then either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home