You know - for the kids...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Albums I want but don’t own yet

I am planning on buying some music this weekend and here is my shopping list thus far:

Tim Armstrong– A Poet’s Life
This is Tim’s latest and it is kind of a requirement for me. Rancid is maybe my favorite band ever, so enough said.

Orange – Welcome to the World of Orange
I have heard bits and pieces of this band’s debut album for about six months and every time their stuff comes on the radio, I have to stop and listen. They are already that good and I don’t think a single member of the band is old enough to vote. Needless to say, I am impressed.

Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker – Town Hall, New York City, June 22, 1945
This recording was found just a couple of years ago and from what I hear, it is marvelous, Diz and Bird at the top of their game.

Is it Rolling Bob?: A Reggae Tribute to Bob Dylan
A reggae tribute to Dylan – are you kidding me? I am so down with this.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes – Love their Country
I would buy this album for the cover to the Dixie Chicks “Goodbye Earl” alone. “Jolene” and “On the Road Again” are icing on the cake.

So, does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home