You know - for the kids...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

When are you folks going to sack up?

In last night's debate, not one of the top tier Democratic candidates would commit to a complete withdrawal from Iraq by 2013. 2013?!?!?!?!?! Just kill me now.

"I think it's hard to project four years from now," said Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois in the opening moments of a campaign debate in the nation's first primary state.

"It is very difficult to know what we're going to be inheriting," added Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.

"I cannot make that commitment," said former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina.

Oh come on people, show some goodamn backbone. Well over half of the country wants us out in a year and this is the best that you can do? Makes me proud that I will get to vote for such steadfast leadership. And as bad as those answers were, Hillary had, by far, the most cowardly response of the night.

Several times she refused to give answers, but she couldn't duck when Russert threw her a curveball, asking if she would back the Yankees or Chicago Cubs, her childhood home team, if they met in the World Series. So she waffled.

"Well, I would probably have to alternate sides," she said.

Oh my God. The GOP is going to have a field day with that sound bite. The ads will practically write themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home