You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Joys of Fatherhood – Big Boy edition

So I am sitting on the bed with J. trying to explain to him that two year olds should not play with the light on our headboard. I mean, the thing is not plugged in but it is the principle of the matter. The following is a rough transcript of that conversation.

Me: J., please stop messing with the light.
J.: But… (continues to play with the light and utter incomprehensible gibberish)
Me: Come on buddy, you have to listen to me because I am the Daddy.
J.: No, I am the Daddy.
Me: You are not the Daddy. You are the baby.
J.: (peering up at me with the sternest facial expression he can muster) No Daddy. I am not a baby. I am a big boy.

Indeed.


3 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

ha ha, I daresay thats just what you would have said at that age!

2:28 PM

 
Blogger joestrummerlives said...

Let me put it this way. When I complain about J. to my mother, she just laughs and shoots me a look that says "revenge is sweet”.

10:36 AM

 
Blogger starpower said...

he's just such a cutie!

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home