You know - for the kids...

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Joys of Fatherhood – Potty Training edition

So the family had a MAJOR triumph this weekend as our big boy J. finally used the toilet to do his business (BTW, Lo totally gets the credit for this development – best mother ever). It is so odd what constitutes big news now that I am a father but let me tell you, getting over this first hurdle in the potty-training game is, to my mind, akin to nothing short of man landing on the Moon. You may think that to be hyperbole and I understand why but you would be wrong nonetheless. And while my pre-fatherhood brain thinks it is a little weird to be brimming with pride that my son whizzed in a plastic bowl, nothing says happiness like high-fiving a pantless 2 year old while his magic commode plays the “Hurray, you just peed in the potty” theme song. In my ho-hum, hum-drum world, that is a win for the ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home