You know - for the kids...

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Torn

On the one hand, the libertarian in me says that if some redneck yahoo wants hang a plastic ball sack from his trailer hitch, fine. There is no accounting for taste and it is said redneck’s prerogative to brand himself as such. And really, doesn’t the state have some other more pressing issues to address than to outlaw auto accessories? So if I had to pick a side here, my “live and let live” instinct wins this argument but only just.

I get where Spruill is coming from. My sense of decency and decorum demands the castration of these elephantine scrota. I totally get the Delegate’s argument that public display of these “novelties” qualifies as misdemeanor vulgarity. What is the difference really between hanging some plastic balls on your pickup to affixing a massive dildo to the hood? I know I would rather not look into my rearview mirror and see an F-150 propelled rubber cock tailgating me. Yikes!

If nothing else, there is a pretty interesting First Amendment case to be fought here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home