You know - for the kids...

Friday, April 18, 2008

Big props for the Norva

Although no one will refer to the Hampton Roads area as a major cultural center, we do sport some of the best music venues I have ever seen. In fact, my two favorite places to see a show are local. The nTelos Pavilion in Portsmouth is a wonderful, open-air facility seating about 6,500, situated right on the Elizabeth River. There is no other place I prefer for an outdoor show and if the beer were cheaper, it would be perfect.
The other jewel in our local crown is the uber-fabualous Norva, a converted movie theater/health club. Now, I must admit I have a bit of personal bias towards the joint because my brother (wassup bro?) once worked there and cousin is the General Manger (hurray for Will!), but it truly is a favorite for both the acts that play and the concert goers. That awesomeness has been recognized by none other than Rolling Stone magazine which has named the Norva as one of the top 5 rock clubs in America. Congratulations to the Norva crew – you deserve every bit of that respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home