You know - for the kids...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sacrifice

So as not to look even more the part of an out-of-touch nitwit imperialist, President Bush gave up golf a few years back. He claims it was an act of camaraderie with the troops but I tend to believe Rove or some other handler probably pointed out that playing 18 while fumbling a war didn’t look especially great on the 6 o’clock news. Anyway

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US President George W. Bush said in an interview out Tuesday that he quit playing golf in 2003 out of respect for the families of US soldiers killed in the conflict in Iraq, now in its sixth year.

"I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal," he said in an interview for Yahoo! News and Politico magazine.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander-in-chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them."

I am sure that his noble abstention from golfing has lent much comfort to grieving families. What a dick. Now watch this drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home