You know - for the kids...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

“It's just a disaster for the Republican Party”

Watching Jindal’s remarks last night, I was shocked just had bad he was on camera. He is supposed to be the Second Coming of Ronald Reagan but oh my God, the Great Communicator he is not. I thought he sucked out loud and my response was fairly typical. Sam Stein has a roundup of reactions from the punditry on HuffPo but my favorite has to be conservative NYTimes columnist David Brooks (Ed. Note – never thought I would write that phrase).

"You know, I think Bobby Jindal is a very promising politician," said New York Times columnist David Brooks, appearing on PBS, "and I oppose the stimulus because I thought it was poorly drafted. But to come up at this moment in history with a stale "government is the problem," "we can't trust the federal government" -- it's just a disaster for the Republican Party [emphasis mine]. The country is in a panic right now. They may not like the way the Democrats have passed the stimulus bill, but that idea ... that government is going to have no role, the federal government has no role in this ... it's just a form of nihilism. It's just not where the country is, it's not where the future of the country is.

Pretty damning criticism coming from the same team and doubly so when viewed in the context that Jindal is billed as a rising star within the GOP. So I am going to ask everyone get in with me on the ground floor of the Palin/Jindal ticket in 2012. How awesome is that? And we can make it happen people. Yes we can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home