You know - for the kids...

Monday, May 29, 2006

Credit where credit is due

I have spent many a line criticizing our President. I don't believe that I have given him anything but his due in regard to the execution of his duties. That said, most of (probably all of) what I said in regard to Pres. Bush was derogatory. Then, on Thursday night, in view of God and everyone else, he admitted a mistake. Actually, two; and acceptance is the first step to recovery. Our previously infallible leader stated that his "tough talk" had been an error. Yes dear readers, "Bring it on" was not the hit the Pentagon thought it was. In addition, the prison torture scandal had not worked out in our favor. Imagine...

Despite the obvious opportunity to wax evil and bitchy, I give the man credit for stepping up to the plate and saying he made a mistake. It is not easy in my job to admit an error; definitely much more so in his job. But the utter lack of humility previously exhibited by this White House makes the occasion that much more significant. So from cul-de-sac Virginia - Hats Off! It takes a big man to admit a mistake. Now let’s try to correct it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home