You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Joe thinks the magic numbers are 5 and 28

Not that it is worth a damn thing but here are my predictions for today.

In the Senate:
I think we pick up seats in Virginia, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Montana. We hold New Jersey and lose Tennessee. In total, the Democrats gain a net 5 seats to make the Senate 50-50 but the Republicans hold.

In the House:
I think we net 28 new seats and take control. While some people were predicting a landslide, I doubt it will happen. But if it does, we will know by a little after 8 PM. If the Dems are up by a net 10+ seats at that time, we are going to have an excellent night.

In my house:
I will crack my first beer no later than 6:30 PM. If things look good for Webb when Virginia polls close at 7, I will celebrate with a shot of whisky. If it looks like Allen pulls this out, I will have two. If the national trends hold and the Democrats have the good night I predicted, I will be drunk by 11 (just in time for the West Coast returns). If it seems we are going to come up short, I will be shitfaced by 9:15.

1 Comments:

Blogger starpower said...

Cheers to you not getting shitfaced until midnight. :)

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home