You know - for the kids...

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Urge to kill rising

Hat tip to ThinkProgress (those guys do good work on calling these bastards out) for this. OK – honest confession, I hate country music. With the exceptions of Bluegrass, and anything by Dolly Parton or Johnny Cash, I just fucking hate that shit. So when Toby Keith stopped metaphorically blowing the Bush administration and got off his knees to bash the Dixie Chicks, I mildly cared. I sorely missed what was to come. Joe is not so smart sometimes.

When I saw the lunatic backlash ensue against the Chicks, well, that’s when I realized how dangerous, stupid, and powerful his sort was. So shame on me for that I guess – I learned my lesson. The band earned my eternal respect for standing their ground. They put more on the line for proudly stating their beliefs than I ever have and I hope that if I am in a similar position, I behave as they did. Those are some very courageous Chicks indeed, though I still can’t dig the music – sorry.

Fast forward to Bush crash landing into Nixon territory. Now Toby Keith has the stones (or lack thereof) to say that he opposes the war and ALWAYS HAS. Way to stick to your guns there you dumbfuck redneck. If I am stuck in a foxhole, I choose the Dixie Chicks over Mr. Keith anyday (obviously) – at least they are steadfast. FUTK indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home