You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Shorter Alberto Gonzales

"I didn’t know how the firing of the US Attorneys came about, which is why my testimony given to Congress under oath was inaccurate. But I take full responsibility and promise to get to the bottom of this. The DOJ is really big and even though Karl Rove, Harriett Myers, the President and my Chief of Staff all were involved, I was in the dark. But I still take full responsibility…"

Make no mistake; this press conference was transparent attempt by the AG to cover his ass. The Administration fired the US Attorneys for political reasons in a plan hatched over a year ago by the White House. In an effort to hide that fact, Gonzales lied under oath to Congress about said plan. That is a crime and, I might add, an impeachable offense. The knives are out for Roberto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home