You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

And McNulty makes three

From the AP:

WASHINGTON - Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty said Monday he will resign, becoming the highest-ranking Bush administration casualty in the furor over the firing of U.S. attorneys.

Attorney General Gonzales had lost his chief of staff and his White House liaison over this scandal so far. Now the number two man in the Department is on the way out. Gonzales is taking a worse beating than your average Birthday piñata, and yet he still seems determined to finish the term. I don’t know if he is simply hunting dog loyal to Bush or too stubborn to read the writing on the wall. Either way, the AG keeps going, like a boxer rising from the canvas by sheer force of his will. In that regard, I can almost respect him.

2 Comments:

Blogger starpower said...

I respect you, Joe, but I am not sure why you'd even almost respect Gonzales--he's just doing his best impersonation of W--digging his heels in and thumbing his nose against his own accountability and the millions of us who see it--that he should be held accountable--plain as day.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger joestrummerlives said...

I can't believe I am going to defend him to any degree but here goes. You make a fair point. I think he must go as well. I was merely remarking that I am amazed he still has the balls to show up for work every day. Call it a personality flaw…

1:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home