You know - for the kids...

Friday, May 04, 2007

Thompson apologizes for anti-gay comment

He claims he misunderstood the question and from his retraction, I believe him.

Asked if it would be acceptable for a private employer who finds homosexuality immoral to fire a gay worker, presidential candidate Tommy Thompson said "yes" in a debate, but the former Wisconsin governor is backpedaling rapidly from that statement.

"I made a mistake, I misinterpreted the question," Thompson told CNN this morning. "I didn't hear the question properly and I apologize. That is not my position. There should be no discrimination in the workplace."


This will probably cost him the Primary but good for him for being unequivocal in his answer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home