You know - for the kids...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Big Ups to Hillary

I am not a huge fan of Hillary Clinton. I don't dislike her, but I think her positions on several issues (flag-burning, the war, etc.) are flat wrong and too calculated. Her announcement that she will support the Connecticut Senate Democrat nominee, whoever it is, is a big check in the plus column for me. From Atrios,

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, a longtime supporter of Sen. Joseph Lieberman, said Tuesday she will not back the Connecticut Democrat's bid for re-election if he loses their party's primary.

"I've known Joe Lieberman for more than thirty years. I have been pleased to support him in his campaign for re-election, and hope that he is our party's nominee," the former first lady said in a statement issued by aides.

"But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary," the New York Democrat added. "I believe in the Democratic Party, and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters."


Good for you Hillary. I think this should be a litmus test for any Democrat seeking election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home