You know - for the kids...

Monday, June 26, 2006

Birthdays and discipline

This weekend, L. and I went down to her parents’ house to celebrate Baby J. turning one year old. Because his birthday was Sunday, it was decided that we have the Official Observance on Saturday, complete with cake and the screaming grandchildren on L.’s parents’ neighbor. I have rarely seen two more poorly behaved kids in my life. Yelling, high pitched wailing, and general hell raising were standard operating procedure. The little boy even whacked J. in the hand with a mallet twice (by accident but once should have been enough for him to put the damn thing down). I was so pissed that these two demons ruined his first birthday that I couldn’t stop talking about it the whole ride home. And trust me, they were worse than I have described here. I just don't feel like getting all worked up again.

Fast forward to lunch today and I decide to surf the old Interweb. As fate would have it, the Onion is channeling my life again. Go and read Is Anyone On This Bus Interested In Disciplining My Son?

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "it's funny because it's true".

1 Comments:

Blogger Lo said...

Indeed. And I think the 8 year old asked me out on a date.

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home