You know - for the kids...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Irony

Oh Mitt, let the cat out of the bag there didn’t we (hat tip to the Arsenal). Apparently, all Americans are not equal.

I asked Mr. Romney whether he would consider including qualified Americans of the Islamic faith in his cabinet as advisers on national security matters, given his position that "jihadism" is the principal foreign policy threat facing America today. He answered, "…based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration."

In the world according to Mitt, Muslims, because they are a minority, are not qualified to serve in the Cabinet but a Mormon as President – why that is as cool as Pat Boone. And for what it is worth, there are half as many Episcopalians (my particular brand) as there are Mormons, so I guess my peeps are out as well. Bad news for Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Harrison, Tyler, Taylor, Pierce, both Roosevelts, Ford, and even the semi-sane Bush. This really is too much…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home